Lots of hiking opportunities from our one mile loop hiking trail in our western streamside forest section of Township Park, a 1/4 mile Braille Trail around “Corll Meadows” with informational signage in both Braille and raised lettering, a half mile mulch trail behind our pavilions to metered walking maps available for pavement walking for easy footing and rehabilitative walking. Click here to download a copy of the new Park Trail Guide. For unpaved walking, there is a 1/4 mile mulch trail accessible behind the four open pavilions.
To access the 1 mile long loop Hiking Trail or the 1/4 mile loop “Corll Meadows Braille Trail”, enter from the gravel parking lot at the northwest corner where the pavement ends. A trailhead sign will direct you along the short path through the trees to the meadow opening and the trailheads.
The “Corll Meadows” Barille Trail features:
- A limestone aggregate base suitable for walkers and soon to be for wheelchairs.
- It is closed to bikes and skates.
- 9 interpretive sign with both Braille & raised wording and graphics.
- A nylon guide rope along the entire 1/2 mile loop
The Mile Loop Hiking Trail is a hard pack clay surface. The terrain varies from easy to moderate walking. Special features include:
- Stepping stone stream crossing
- Two sets of wooden steps at ravine area and wooden crossover bridge
- Directional trail markers also usable with interpretive guide
Click here for a guide to some of the things you can see along the trails. An overview of all Trails is shown below. You can click it for a high resolution view.