Diverse habitats provide for a wide variety of wildlife and plants. Our grasslands are nesting sites for several Ohio threatened bird species. Our forests shelter a range of wildlife species including white-tailed deer, black rat snakes, barred owls, red fox, wild turkey and a variety of salamanders, frogs, and insects to name just a few.
There are numerous recreational opportunities available year round that include:
- A Sand Volleyball court
- Disc Golf Course
- Two Basketball Courts
- 18,000 sq. ft. PlayQuest playground area
- Cross country skiing in the winter months with over 70 acres of open field areas
- Five Softball/Baseball Fields
- Two Horseshoe Pits
- Several Small Playground Areas
- 5 Tennis Courts
- 4 Pickleball Courts
Lots of hiking opportunities including a Braille trail are here for your enjoyment. Click here for more information.
The Band Shell located at the front of the Park is the site of our Summer Concerts in the Park series every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m., weather permitting. Concerts begin in early June and are held weekly through the end of August.
There are also five open air pavilions and the Stacey Enclosed Pavilion available for rent (discount available for Township Residents).
Township Park is open from dawn to dusk, year round. General rules of the park include:
- A 15 MPH speed limit with speed bumps to help enforce this safety issue
- No dirt bikes, three or four wheeler, horses or golfing
- All dogs must be leased and under owners control. Dog clean-up stations are provided throughout the park so owners can responsibly clean-up after their pet companions
- No alcoholic beverages
- No littering or dumping of any materials
- No disturbing of the peace or enjoyment of other with use of abusive language, loud music or disorderly behavior will be tolerated
- Vandalism of any kind will result in removal from the park, restitution and probable prosecution. Video surveillance has been installed on structures in the park.
- Other rules and regulations are available in a printed brochure by calling the Park Secretary at 330-792-2602