Notice of Austintown Township’s intent to sell unneeded, obsolete, or unfit-for-use township personal property by internet auction
- The auctions can be accessed through the Austintown Township website located at www.austintowntwp.com, General tab, On-Line Auction link. Property will be listed for auction for at least 15 days including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- The Township may establish a minimum price and may establish any other terms and conditions for the particular sale and such information is available on the internet.
- Each item sold is sold “as is”. Austintown Township makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
- The Township will direct the highest bidder where to pick up the surplus property through email or phone notification. The successful bidder is responsible for all costs and work necessary to pack, load and remove the item.
- PAYMENT in the form of a certified check, money order or cashier’s check payable to Austintown Township, 82 Ohltown Road, Austintown, Ohio 44515-2323 must be received at least THREE DAYS PRIOR TO PICK UP. If payment is not received within 10 days of auction end, Austintown reserves the right to award the property to the next highest bidder. ANY ITEM NOT PICKED UP WITHIN 14 DAYS OF AUCTION END IS SUBJECT TO A $50 PER DAY STORAGE FEE.
- The highest bid for the surplus property will prevail. However Austintown Township reserves the right to withdraw the offer if the highest bidder is purchasing the surplus for a use contrary to the health and welfare of Austintown Township or its citizens.