Welcome to the official site of Austintown Township, Mahoning County, Ohio
Austintown Township founded in 1793 is a 5 square mile section of what used to be known as the Connecticut Western Reserve located in Northeast Ohio approximately 60 miles from Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
We are centrally located and less than a days driving distance from many large cities including 4 hours to Buffalo, New York and the Canadian border; 8 hours to New York City or Chicago, IL; 6 hours to Washington, DC and 10-14 hours to various locations on the East coast and less then a days drive is a great variety of natural scenery including mountains, forests, caves, lakes (large and small) and the Atlantic Ocean.
Austintown has a lot to offer:
- A quiet community to live in
- Direct access to main interstate routes
- First-rate Police and Fire Protection
- Top rated campus style school system
- A 206 acre park and five smaller neighborhood parks
- Available space for business growth from small family owned businesses to large industrial complexes